PEIP Advantage Plans
The PEIP Advantage plans offer the following features:
- A choice of three networks with a uniform, comprehensive set of benefits across all three carriers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- A choice of three benefit plan design options:
- HSA - compatible
- State-wide tiered network of primary care clinics (PCC):
- Each member chooses a primary care clinic to deliver and coordinate care.
- Benefits for each plan level are based on the cost level of your primary care clinic.
- Family members may elect different primary care clinics (even in different cost levels), but must enroll with the same carrier.
- Members can change clinics throughout the year by calling their network carrier.
- Referrals are needed for specialist care outside the primary care group. No referrals are needed for emergencies or urgent care. Participant can self-refer to OBGyn, Chiropractic, Routine Vision, Mental Health/Chemical Dependency, provided the practitioner is with the carriers' self-referral network.
- No co-payments are charged for preventive care such as well-child care, immunizations, annual check-ups, cancer screenings, routine eye and hearing exams, etc.